ATTN: Please visit the Information Desk in the Main Foyer to see if there are any more spots available.
Be Your Own Star on the Cosplay Red Carpet!
Whether it’s your first time making a costume or you’ve been involved with cosplay for years, we are thrilled to have you participate in our red carpet event!
Saturday, May 6, 2023 | Novice & Expert | 4:30 pm | Hall A
Sunday, May 7, 2023 | Little Tykes & Youth | 3:30 pm | Hall A
There will be no judging on the Cosplay Red Carpet, but contenders from each category will be randomly drawn to win tickets to the 2024 Saskatoon Entertainment Expo!
Entry Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2023
There are still a few spots left for the COSPLAY RED CARPET! Visit the Customer Service Desk in the Main Foyer before 3:00 pm on Saturday, May 6 to fill out an entry form.
Entrants are asked to meet in Hall A by 4;00 pm on Saturday, May 6 to get set up.
There will only be 20 entries per category. Groups count as one entry. Groups must be limited to a maximum of four (4) people. Once we reach capacity, a waiting list will be started.
* A Novice is someone with under three years’ experience and/or has never won a previous Saskatoon Entertainment Costume Contest.
** An Expert is someone with over three years’ experience and/or has won a previous Saskatoon Entertainment Expo Costume Contest.
A Few Details Before Applying
- All participants must have admission to the Saskatoon Entertainment Expo.
- All participants must adhere to the Props Policy. (See here for details)
- All participants must be able to move on their own. Costumes that require assistance will not be allowed entry.
- All costumes must be at least 50% handmade or altered. It is at the discretion of the Red Carpet Committee to decide if the costumes are 50% handmade.
- The Cosplay Red Carpet Committee reserves the right to exclude any costume that they deem as inappropriate for any reason they find sufficient.
- No electrical power will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all Little Tyke and Youth entries.
- No live animals will be allowed on stage with the exception of registered service animals, if required by the participant.
- Entrants are asked to arrive at least a half-hour before the Cosplay Red Carpet begins.
- At check-in, the organizer will introduce the emcee and give general instructions. Participants will be introduced by the emcee while walking the red carpet, with their name, character, and where the character is from.
- All participants must be in costume during the event and must NOT provide music for their red carpet debut.
- Please keep everything family friendly.
- Profanity or crude language will result in being removed from the Cosplay Red Carpet event.
- The throwing of anything at the audience is not allowed. Doing so will result in being removed from the Cosplay Red Carpet event
- Once the last participant has left the stage, we will proceed with group pictures and drawing of tickets for the 2024 Saskatoon Entertainment Expo.
Costume Props & Weapons
Please note that any costume props and weapons coming into the building for any purpose (to be autographed, for display or for the Cosplay Red Carpet) must be checked-in at our Props & Weapons Check area. If your costume includes props and/or weapons, they must be pre-registered on our Prop Pre-Registration page in addition to your Cosplay Red Carpet application.